Below is a recap of my running goals and what I achieved in 2012 along with my goals for 2013. My goals for 2013 are basically incremental improvements over my achievements in 2012. I’m not a big goal person anymore, but find that with running, they do seem to be helpful and motivating since most things with running are measurable. As I mentioned last year, I think I am at a point in my running where I can still improve, but don’t expect to see any major breakthroughs.
Recap of 2012 Goals:
1. Run 1,600 miles – Achieved. Not exactly sure how many miles I ran this year since I didn’t officially log my miles from August – October, but if I take this into account, I easily ran over 1,700 miles this year.
2. Run 4 Marathons – Only ran 2 marathons this year – Tokyo and Nagano. The move this summer didn’t allow enough time to schedule any fall marathons.
3. Run a sub 18:15 minute 5K race – Didn’t run any 5Ks this year.
4. Run a sub 39 minute 10K race – Didn’t run any 10Ks this year.
5. Run a sub 1:27 half marathon race – Achieved, ran a 1:25 half marathon in February.
6. Run a sub 3:15 marathon and qualify to register for the Boston Marathon – Achieved, actually did it twice at Tokyo (3:13) and Nagano (3:12).
7. Incorporate 2 days of cross-training (cycling/spinning) per week – Borderline achieved, probably could have done better in this area.
Goals for 2013:
1. Run 1,800 miles
2. Run 4 Marathons (Carlsbad, Boston, San Diego RNR, and a Fall marathon)
3. Run a sub 3:10 marathon
4. Eat 80% vegan, sleep 7 – 9 hours a night, maintain weight between 140 ~ 150 lbs, cross-train/stretch, and keep stress low